Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Unbearable Crushness of Being

Things are much slower now that there are not 10 other girls (bachelorette with boa) in town, and I am sick. The speed of life is now so slow and boring I don't know how to compensate other than start my fantasy life all over again.

Which means reading.

I started this book called "The Unbearable Lightness of Being". It is based on some ideology of Nietzsche's, about how ultimately since we have one life to live life is insignificant. But rather the main character is trapped between two woman: one lover the other substantial. Unfortunately as humans we want our actions to have substantial meaning, or weight, and to transcend meaning.

After one of my friends committed suicide last year, I asked my boyfriend at the time if he thought they would say something about it since he lived in a large high rise. He replied, "Why would the media cover something for a 23 year old who had nothing to show for his life?". It made me really sad, because it was true. If my own life ended tomorrow, there would be very little to show for it.

I met a boy last weekend who is one of the most adorable boys I could have ever met, straight out of a Marc by Marc Jacobs ad. I could all the moments we spent together in the palm of my hand and life happy in my mind forever. So maybe he will find me and run away with me to beautiful Marc by Marc Jacobs land.

Life is not worth living without at least one crush to preoccupy your mind.



Photo:lace top by Free People, skirt by Zara

No comments:

Post a Comment