Sunday, March 14, 2010

24 Hour Champagne Diet

Great weekend out and about hitting up my favorite places: Pink Pop cocktails at Devon Seafood with older gentlemen friends, bad movies and metal shows dressed to the nines, and lots of dancing.

I made so many new friends, at a bar in town called the Continental.

I am sick of this J. Crew pretending it's Thom Browne because they throw some ruffles on a t-shirt. Come on Chicago, can't you at least keep your brogues in-store so I don't have to ship them back when I realize they make me look like I'm trying just way too hard?

Speaking of trying too hard, my friend Drew and I tried a new restaurant called Longman and Eagle in Logan Square. Sike! Can it really be called a restaurant when the over-salty pate is served with orange glazed cauliflower? We ditched it and the over-done ambient candle in the dark room vibe they were going for, and headed to Lula instead. Much better idea, until our waitress changed the status quo on us using a purse as her apron. Can you respect someone serving you bloody mary's and house salad when they look like they are ready to sit next to you to talk gossip girl?


If you are throwing out names like mostarda on a restaurant menu, it's probably a good sign you should walk away slowly.

1 comment: