Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Mile High Club

For the lack of excitement, I truly apologize. My sickness has prevented me from vacating the house without tissues, decongestants, and Mucinex in tow. It's disgusting, or as I explained to the doctor today, "grossie to try to do business with".

Last week I had a friend in town from NY who I ended up going to Signature Room with. I was unimpressed with the truffle souffle, and their chicken with brie saturated grits. It should be against the law to charge more than free for anything including grits. It's hard to fancy that one up, even if the restaurant is 95 floor above ground, and located in Hancock Building.

Next!

We went to Wisconsin to check out small town life in Lake Geneva, and ended up at my good friend Paul Cowan's art show, Alla Prima. His paintings are still showing at Golden Age, a gallery shop that has just changed locations from Pilsen to West Loop. Later we ended up heading to Tavern on Rush to get some food after midnight, and ended up being sat next to Vince Vaughn. It would not be the place to spend a 40th birthday. I don't know what he was thinking.

Although I am still in sickville, I managed to meet a friend of mine for some drinks and dinner at Pops for Champagne. I went into it with high hopes, and although my "Vie en Rose" was delicious, the pommes frites we ordered were disgusting. How does a restaurant fuck up fries? Oh wait, it's because you shouldn't order fries with champagne cocktails.

I ended up at McDonald's I got so pissed the fries were gross. At least I didn't have to pay.

--Plus Size Beauty Queen


Photo: After Signature Room at Empty Bottle to see Zoos of Berlin with the girls


No comments:

Post a Comment