Sunday, February 6, 2011

I Can Read

Sometimes I forget I know how to read actual books. On my window still I have at least ten books with anywhere from 50-200 pages read, none of them finished. By the time I pick it up again I have no idea what the story is about other than "Oh yeah, there's this girl" or "Hey, yeah this is historical poverty stories". I decided this was a great weekend to read one of my Christmas presents from my brother, who did an interview with writer Trinie Dalton.

I finished this book in less than two hours which means it kept my interest long enough to pass ultimate test of not getting placed on the windowsill. Each of the stories focuses on a different theme but it's for the creative types nonetheless: werewolves, spirits, shitty apartments, Burgertime, and the moon. All of these seem to be coming up in my life lately.

Last week I went to Andy's Music Shop to help a friend buy a violin. I feel convincted that African spirits haunt the basement where they house instruments made out of teeth (human or animal not clear). True story.




No comments:

Post a Comment