Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Rent the Runway Part 1

I am very excited to go to my first gala this Saturday as a volunteer with the American India Foundation. It's down at Union Station, and sounds like my dream come true. Bollywood dancing, dresses, helping people, and meeting more Patels.

Unfortunately I am mega strapped for money these days and am relying on a credit card to pull me thru this dark era. You never know-- a mega millionaire could take pity on my situation and my heart of gold and offer me a shiny job right on the spot. But the question remains, what do white people wear at an Indian formal black tie event? Answer: Rent the Runway.


THE CHOICES

1. Alice by Temperely Enchanting Emerald Gathered Gown
2. Halston Heritage Golden Draped Gown
3. Halston Heritage Pretty Poncho Dress
4. Carlos Miele Draped Sapphire Dream Gown


I love all four of these choices. Look at the adjectives: dream, enchanting, golden, pretty. Could this sum up what I want in a dress any more? No. Unfortunately I have huge hips that limit what looks okay and what doesn't. My roommate Drew has been helping me narrow down my choices and it turns out I want them all except I waited too long to order them.

Rent the Runway has a special deal that it's only $25 more to rent another dress. Luckily this relieves my plus size beauty queen anxiety for not being able to rock the gold lame. So Enchanting Emerald and Golden Goddess here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment