Saturday, August 7, 2010

Mama's 60th

I am back in Chicago and sometimes it is hard to leave a place where I have so much only to return to feeling like I have so little. It's like replacing everything anyone could want in life with a few material comforts that Chicago has afforded me. When I think about why I feel compelled to put myself thru such torture it is good to remind myself that any of my successes will ultimately benefit those I love, just as they have taken care of me when I so need their help.

My sister told me today she thinks when I am 30 I will adopt a fat Mexican boy named Joaquin. I really liked the idea of me and just a bunch of kids hanging out and throwing water balloons eating ice cream. It's kind of awesome actually. Too bad that's years away from happening.



No comments:

Post a Comment