Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Best Day in Months

I honestly can say this is one of the best days I have had in months. Life is crazy how everything seems to fall apart, and right when you are ready to give up there are glimmers of life that make it all good again.

I had my first event tonight with the chapter of the charity I have been help build here in Chicago. Over 50 people came to the event, which is great. But more than anything, I have never felt such warmth from a group of people since I have been back home in Kansas City.

There have been several people which have ridden me so hard, claiming that my involvement is futile and how I "really haven't done anything to show for my life". It is so nice to contradict that negative self-thinking and show them a thing or two about what my life is about. Two of my best friends came just to stop by and say hi, it was so encouraging to have someone come out and make mention of my life is progressing, for lack of a better word.

PS. I have a new crush!

No comments:

Post a Comment